Monday, March 2, 2009

March comes Marching

I really liked "Forgiveness February". It helped me focus and keep on moving forward without a distracting food based-weight based measuring stick.

So, what for March?

Minimizing March?

Mindful March?

Mucho Margarita March??! No, not that one.

I'm really feeling into the minimizing move right now. I know that people are scared about the economy and the future. Me? I don't think that there is any person on the planet that is more worried about what the future will bring. There are people who have gotten the bad news and are worse off, lost jobs, foreclosure, bad bad things. We are just here in the foggy mist of unknown future, shaky job, less savings that we should have, and wonderful young men who are all three days away from going to college. I'm scared. My dear husband is scared. We are canceling and cutting and saving pennies every place we can. Well, until the next round comes and we cut the boys' Tae Kwon Do and the YMCA and all meat and everything but rice and beans.

So we're minimizing. Less of everything. Less driving, less lights on, less stuff, less complication. Less going. Less doing. More being.

I think this is it.

Mindfully Minimal March. Mmmmm.

And if we still are in this place of worry at the end of March, well, at least we won't have gotten bad news yet. There is much to be thankful for. Mindfully. And minimally!

All good. It's all good.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Yes.

Ryan's firm declared chapter 11. This is a "financial restructruing" and they're doing business as usual, but it shakes me to the core.

We can't cut out too much more...or can we?

I'm trying to live it one day at a time, making good decisions. I buy dried beans instead of canned ones. Meat is a garnish, not a centerpiece. Soups are staples. We're planting the garden full of veggies. I found a dress in the closet that I could wear to the wedding. Shop consignment and thrift stores for Tessa's spring wardrobe (because last year's clothes don't fit any longer). Make a birthday cake for a friend because I can't afford to buy her a gift.

Oh, yes, I hear you. Thank you for reminding me that I am not alone. You are not alone!