Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jinxed!

I thought saying here in this little blog where we were trying to go would be OK, that it wouldn't JINX the flights. No one really reads this blog, it's just for me. No aggregators, just a few subscribers (little wave to you three!) and you all are friends anyway.

NO! I was WRONG! The flight from Los Angeles to Minneapolis has filled up, FIFTY more people in the last day. I remember working the phones for an airline and sitting in that "Confos" room calling people who's flight had canceled, sometimes at midnight. I can't figure out if a flight from LA today has canceled, or they've changed to smaller planes or even if something originally scheduled out of Orange County has canceled? I don't know. What I do know is that our London books and Harry Potter research are worthless. We're not going to London. We can't get to Minneapolis or Detroit or Atlanta or anyplace domestically. And the only nonstop to London is on British Air, and they don't let us fly for free!

So, we are going out of Seattle, someplace. I'm not saying where! Don't make me tell you.

Or we're driving to Vancouver! Whatever!

But know what? It's not even making me want to eat. Now that is good. Very good.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Have you ever been to Tuscany? I have, and it's lovely beyond lovely.

Germany has so much wonderful stuff to see and do.

And France, beautiful France.... Paris is the most amazing city.

And Rome! All roads lead there - perhaps all flights, too? Just sitting in a cafe in Rome is lovely, but wandering through Miverna's temples is a whole 'nother kind of bliss.

Switzerland when the mountains are covered in snow....oh, that sounds good.

Prague is supposed to be just incredible.

I, for one, have long dreamed of going to Greece.

Whereever you go, I hope it's WONDERFUL!
xoxox