Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Forgiveness February.....final week!

It's been a good month. I'm not two dress sizes skinnier, but who the hell cares? I've learned so very much about myself this month. And I feel so much better. I feel so much more like myself. I finished the Geneen Roth "When Food is Love" book, and it's just helped me see things about food and life and myself so much more clearly.

Then I went to a workshop, and watched one of the women that I really adore in the world tell the story of her life and her professional journey. I got to sit by her at dinner. I got to tell her that I love the way she just radiates a calm loving energy. And she told me her secret.

It's "the work". And the book was already on my shelf. Hot dog, I'm on it. Here's what I want to learn next. Already things are just settling in a bit. I'm not as scattered, frantic, worried or stressed. I'm just relaxing into it. Stepping into my real life, the one that's been here all along. It's a pretty good life.

The food is still going well. I have two new things I'm loving. One is Cookus Interruptus, a great video blog created by a local professor at Bastyr University where food is medicine--this is no dry cooking show, it's gut busting hilarious. I'm using recipes and learning things about food and cooking.

The second new thing is NEW PLATES! Not new new, Goodwill new. They're a little smaller than regular dinner plates, so small portions seem like a monster meal. Oh I am so easy to trick.


I love them. Aren't they cute?

We're on a new plan here at our house called "downright absolute panic about the economy and our finances". Jobs are not a sure thing, and as much as I don't think I'm going to lose my itty bitty salary job, I'm not at all sure about my husband's job. So we're trying to squeeze all the extras out of our life. Luckily we've been flat broke before, so we know how to do this. Healthy food is cheap food and the Y isn't on the hit list yet, so far so good.

Wish I observed giving something up for lent, I would kind of like to practice that. Maybe Mucho Minimizing March? We'll see...

No comments: