Wednesday, February 18, 2009

All Alone, ha!

I am so excited to go stay alone in a hotel for two whole nights. Funny, I love my family, I love my husband. It's good here in my home, and it hasn't always been so I really get how lucky I am right now.

But alone! In a hotel room!

I'm headed to our big local area meeting, all of Idaho, Alaska, Oregon and Washington meet up and have colleague time, work time, enrichment. I didn't find a roommate because my son had planned to come with me. But he's missed too much school from being sick and traveling for his big volunteer job. So, I'm on my own.

Last summer I stayed alone some of the week I was in Ft Lauderdale. There is nothing like focus to be able to take care of myself. When no one else is in the room it's much easier to get up at 6:30 and do a good half hour of yoga. And I'm bringing good food to eat in my room in the little hot pot. My budget is really gone for this trip, so I have to be cheap, but wow! Good food! Peace! Quiet!

Not that I don't like rooming with people I love. My friend from Rhode Island and I had the very best time rooming together for a few days in Albuquerque this fall. That was heavenly, too. But in a different way. Good, fun, fellowship and friendship.

But ahhh... alone. Sigh, I simply cannot wait.

(note to self: may wish to arrange for more time alone in real life without hefty hotel bills....)

No comments: