Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mazes and Cheesy Noodles

Life is like a maze. Sometimes you are going, and going and going and getting just plain no where.

I think parties, and traveling and life make it so hard to eat well if I'm tired and overworked. One or the other--hey, OK. But pile things on and the camel's back snaps. And then there are the cheesy noodles with the little crust of bread crumbs. Mmmmm. Cookies I can skip. Cake? No thanks. Even the loaf of bread at the meeting last night, not a problem. But cheesy noodles? Oh yeah baby.

Things are not calm here. The in-house Inaugural Ball-potluck style and a trip this weekend to visit family and friends in Minnesota have brought just enough extra chaos into the mix that it's hard to get up early and meditate, it's hard to get to the Y, and it's harder to set myself up for food successes. But it's not impossible. And a little cheesy noodles in a person's life are a good thing! One little helping is fine. And that's where we are now.

Life is not set up to always offer successes. I'm not like Siddhartha before the awakening. I'm awake, I'm awake (stop shaking me now, please). No one has scrubbed my world of sick, old and dead or even of cupcakes and the damned tortilla chips. It's a path. A maze.

And really when I think about it, living in this maze that is my life is not at all a bad thing. Not bad at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheesy noodles sounds just about perfect right now. Meditation and the Y sound good too but cheesy noodles would really hit the spot.