Saturday, February 9, 2008

YES WE CAN!

YES WE CAN!
So, I went to the Obama Rally today. Two of the kids went with me, I think public school has totally ruined Michael and no matter what I said this morning, he would not skip school and come with me! Peter said "He's making grades while we're making history."
I don't know if we were really making history, but being in a big arena with 20,000 people who are actually letting themselves feel hope for our country was a little exciting. For so long I've felt nothing much good about being living here in the states and what we are doing to the rest of the people of the planet through our government.
But Barak Obama says things that make me hope. Like, that americans can be counted on to do the right thing. And that if things are going to change, we all have to do hard things, and that's OK, we can do that.
Cool.
I want to live in a country that takes care of it's old and sick, and does not give tax breaks to oil companies. I don't want a president who said "I hate all gooks" and would stack that suprememe court with even more judges with shameless political agendas.
Tomorrow I'm going to my caucus and I'm speaking my mind. I know I live in a very, very red neighborhood, but I don't care. Let 'em fine me for having moss on my roof (in SEATTLE??! MOSS??! Oh my!).
And if you were there, and you got stuck in hours and hours of awful traffic like the 58 mile back up on I-5 and if you stood outside for an hour and really really wished for just a little coffee, well then we'll say together after the swearing in, "hey, maybe we made a little history there on that grey February day..."
I'll host the post election party.

No comments: