Monday, February 4, 2008

Next Week

So, I caved. I subscribed to something more commercial and more mainstream than any blogger site or social networking site. It's bad.
I joined Weight Watchers.
Well, because even tho I lost almost a whole 2nd grader worth of weight years ago, when I moved back in with my husband INSTANTLY I gained a whole bunch of weight. Seriously. It was like that day, the moving truck, boxes, cleaning and bam, here's a whole bunch of clothes that don't fit anymore. And no matter what I did it didn't want to go away, even after we decided we were married and happy and we planted gardens and everything.
OK, maybe thinking that nachos are kinda sorta healthy was part of the problem. That might be it. AND that thinking that red wine and dark chocolate are healthy...that's part of it too. Ww makes you stand up and weigh in and admit that even things you eat while standing-up... count.
It was funny, I kept hearing people that I thought of as "normal" size talk about belonging to ww--some for 20 years, and I decided that this is what "normal" sized people do when they start not fitting in their clothes. So, there I sit, in the chair at the meeting, every week and I don't eat nachos and I only eat "little" bits of dark chocolate. And yes, it's working, slowly.
There's a pile of clothes on my closet floor that I can hang back up when they fit. It's shrinking. That's good. If you're like me and can actually talk yourself into believing that nachos are kinda healthy, sometimes, you might have to stop eating standing up, too.
It's OK. We'll all be fat old people on the golf course someday, but for now....hey for now, I'm off nachos, I'm planning on a "clean" closet floor soon.
And if you are one of those naturally thin people who can look at chocolate cake and think "um....I'm not really hungry" I'll try to accept you as a person next week. Promise.

No comments: