Friday, November 16, 2007

cheezeballs

So, don't be mad, I was just playing on facebook. Yes, we can use multiple social networking sites. It's so interactive and easy to play with your friends, in easy little bits through the day. I mean, I love the long conversations in person or on the phone, that's great. But to just be able to poke people and they know I'm thinking about them, I love them, it's all good. I'm still breathing even though I'm half way through the crazy novel now, I still care.
I was creating a new "superlative" for my friends. I did "most likely to throw cheezeballs".

Remember cheezeballs? Little things that aren't really cheese, get the z in cheezeballs. And they are round but they're probably not actual food. Anyway, I had this lovely vision of hanging out in a cruddy one bedroom apartment for a party. A post college party, so there was beer, and of course, cheezeballs. And somehow someone started throwing them to other people. Not whipping them hard, a soft lob, meant of course, to be caught right in the mouth, no cheezy mess, and eaten.

Funny, now, 20 years later we're still throwing easy ones to each other, we're still in one big circle, although it circles the continent now. We're still together. And forever we'll always be the cheezeballs. We've added and amended spouses, we had nine cheezebabies. We've moved all over the globe. But we're still us, we still love each other. And when one of us gets stuck, the others come rolling out, fast as we can, to help.

We really are the cheezeball family.

No comments: