Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Chasing a sunrise.



The funny thing about flying across the country in the middle of the night isn't just the weird thing of sleeping next to a total stranger. Or having your neck at that stupid crooked angle for hours. It's not even the way the air gets so dry it would crack a Seattle winter in half. I think the most bizarre thing is if you have your window peeking open, the sun rises in a blink. In the winter you can actually manage to land in the dark, but by the time the seatbelt sign is off, it's getting light enough to really see. But at the summer solstice, you start to have a glow on the horizon and then whoosh, the sun is up! It's like flying to Europe.

For me, once the sun is up, you might as well fling the screens up, serve the coffee and try to do some seat yoga because the sleeping is over.

So now I'm tired! Minneapolis looks so much more awake than I feel!

But I got some of my very favorite coffee....Caribou coffee.

And I'm waiting for one of my very best friends in the world to come pick me up for a little breakfast together, Diana of course. Then I'm back here to fly to the whole other tip of the country from where I live, Miami. And if I'm lucky Suz has figured out a way to sneak a couple of hours away from home and work so we can spend some power girl time together.

Oh, and there's the work of course! GOOD good work, I can't wait.

And seeing my son, who flew out of the same airport and will wind up in the same city, but he went thru Houston!

It's all about chasing sunrises.

No comments: